No one knows guestrooms like a hospitality housekeeping executive. Housekeeping executives know all the ins and outs of the housekeeping operation from the best place to order supplies to implementing eco-friendly laundry operations to training the team to manage the latest bedding trends. You know how to motivate and manage a large staff of housekeeping employees. The Certified Hospitality Housekeeping Executive certification recognizes that you are a professional who is dedicated to keeping your skills up to date and your property sparkling.
The CHHE certification can help you excel in your current position, move further toward your career goals, and show that you are among the best in your profession.
- Candidates for the Certified Hospitality Housekeeping Executive (CHHE) designation will receive two volumes of the digital CHHE study guide.
Executive-level or management-level in housekeeping operations at a lodging hospitality company.
Executive housekeeper, director/assistant director of housekeeping, manager/assistant housekeeping manager
Time in Position
1 year Department Head experience:
- Executive Certification takes 6 months off
- Degree from an accredited academic institution takes off 6 months
How to Obtain Certification
- Purchase your application, study guide, and exam package
- Complete and submit your application and supporting documents
- Upon approval, access resource materials
- Connect with a proctor to complete your exam
How to Apply
Upon purchase, you will be required to complete an online application to ensure you meet the prerequisites. Until your application is approved, you will be unable to access the exam preparation resource materials that are part of your purchase.
- After checkout, check your order confirmation email and click on the “Apply Online” link.
- Upon logging into the system, you can select the “Launch” button to begin your application.
- Follow the instructions and steps provided.
- Provide correct documentation and required references. Have these documents available for upload:
- Current Resume
- Job Description
- Copy of diploma or transcripts
- Any previous AHLEI certification certificates
- Following response by references, open and submit application.
Following application approval, your exam preparation resource materials will become available under “My Learning & Exams.” If your application is denied, you will be entitled to a refund of your entire package.
Exam will be accessible for 1 year from date of application approval.