When it comes to an outstanding dining experience, guests rely on restaurant servers. They’re the ones who make them feel welcome, can explain the menu, serve food, and provide all-around great service from the time guests arrive until they are ready to leave. The Certified Restaurant Server recognizes the high level of professionalism needed to succeed and to bring outstanding service to every guest.
The certification is supported by the START (Skills, Tasks, and Results Training) for Restaurant Server. The online program presents general hospitality knowledge and soft skills needed in the hospitality industry, along with concise instructions for training new or prospective employees on how to perform 22 key tasks correctly. These include:
- Demonstrating how to greet and seat guests and anticipate guest needs
- Explaining how to serve beverages, serve the meal, and check back to the table
- Listing basic kitchen safety and sanitation guidelines servers should follow
- Explaining how to present guest checks and settle bills.
The online program includes:
- Six-month online access to START program from date of purchase
- Access to first online certification exam (retake fees apply if exam is not passed on first attempt). To purchase retake fees, contactSuccessful candidates who complete the START for Restaurant Server online program and pass the 30 multiple-choice questions certification exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a Certified Restaurant Server certificate.
There are no reviews yet.